Home > Interventional Cardiology / Vascular Surgery
The Cathlab is an essential pre-requisite for several cardiac techniques. The Cathlab at Ruby General Hospital is considered the best of its kind in the eastern region and various forms of treatment are provided here, including, Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty, Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty (BMV), and Peripheral Angiography (PAG) etc. Any blockage in the arteries is diagnosed and treated in the Cathlab.
Coronary Bypass, MIDCAB and Beating Heart Surgeries are performed here on a regular basis. Besides regular equipments, the CTVS also has the latest and advanced BP monitors and Defibrillators, Ventilators, Datascope IA Balloon Pumps and Syringe Pumps.
The Digital Cathlab at Ruby is one of the most advanced equipment of its type in India. While the usual features like Real Time Fluoroscopy, Road Mapping and Recursive Filters along with Cine-Loop, Playback Mode, Multi-Map Systems and Zooming facilities are present as well.
Outstanding features, like the large 17" monitor provides a bigger image and better vision, sets the Cathlab apart.
They are :
- Real time variable Contrast and Brightness features, which enhance the picture quality significantly - thus identifying lesions (blocks) more sharply.
- Real time Logarithmic Amplification - where automatic Ejection Function i.e. Blood Pumping Ratio is calculated accurately. Further Image Rotation is possible for convenience of vision from 1 to 360 degrees.
- Image Inversion - commonly stated as Mirroring can be done for any section to enhance the clarity of image.
- Pixel Density of this Cathlab is extremely high at 1 K x 1 K compared to most prevalent pixel density of 625 x 625. This again improves the image quality and helps the Consultant to see images with tremendous clarity, thus helping immensely in the treatment of the patients.
- Permanent Pacemaker Implantation / Replacements
- Cardiac Catheterisation
- Coronary Angiography
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Baloon Mitral Valvuloplasty